Thursday, June 26, 2008

Postcard: Copenhagen



Here are a few snapshots from an afternoon spent walking through Copenhagen. My apologies for the blurry shots. Once again, I forgot to bring my camera charger so all these shots are from my phone. In spite of trying very hard, I failed to spot Tyler Brule. As he has singlehandedly voted this city the Number One Most Livable City (in the World, baby), you'd think he'd be here more often. Maybe he is here, but I didn't spot him because he only hangs out in exclusive, I-know-the-owner places that are unknown to little people like myself. And, in fairness to him, I can imagine that hobnobbing with handsome locals can take much time and energy that would otherwise have been spent walking around.

I haven't been here long, but in general I find it pretty in a relaxed, village-y, polite way. It doesn't jump out at you in a Grande manner like Paris, or emit a bohemian vibe like Amsterdam, or disorient you with its rich art and chaos like Rome (or Manila). And why does it seem that all there is to eat is herring?! 

So, I like it, but I doubt I'll have trouble leaving after this. I find myself finally agreeing with Tyler: Copenhagen is definitely one of the world's most leaveable cities.

Cover of 'In a Matter of Speaking' by Nouvelle Vague

4 comments:

Unknown said...

enjoyed this slidevid! (and what a soundtrack). as a place to live, CPH=stress-free. the two pinay students i know who have left DK also miss it. count me three. but then i'd get bored there. fast.

Rosamunde said...

Oh? Hmm, good point. I guess the idea of a stress-free city makes me nervous/ suspicious. A city that feels like the country confuses me a bit. Not a good thing :-/ But today I'll be more open to CPH's sleepy charms.

Glad you enjoyed the blurry slidevid :-) Had you in mind as I walked through the city! (i.e. '...what would AY do?')

The Nashman said...

I see, a homage to the great Aldean who makes slideshows of his photos. Thankfully, unlike the Aldean, you do not block the view...

Rosamunde said...

Oh common, Nashman. You know he only does that to keep loyal subjects like yourself happy. O, the burdens of royalty.